Saturday, May 8, 2010

Why Something Different

I probably need to make it clear that my decision to leave ACAC had nothing to do with the club - it was solely about me.  ACAC is a great place with really good trainers, instructors and about a million options for exercise.  I have several good friends who work there and have never had anything but a positive experience.  I wasn't, however, actually making use of any of the amenities so I decided it was time to do something different for now.

Could I have found what I needed at ACAC?  Probably, but if I've learned one thing after all these years of off and on dieting and exercising it's that the psychological components of weight loss are just as important as the physical.  I'd had years of failure of trying things on my own at the club.  I was having a hard time getting myself to even think about going there, let alone actually following through.  I'd drive by several times a week and literally feel sick to my stomach because I knew I should stop, but just couldn't get myself to do it.  It was time for a change.







No comments:

Post a Comment