Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Meal Prep and Planning - Locally

From charting my food intake it's easy to see a few patterns.  I've already discussed the emotional eating a little - and surely will again - so I will skip over that for now and move on to the next issue - planning ahead (or rather lack thereof). Like the other day when my stomach started growling because it' was 1:30, I hadn't eaten a thing since breakfast and I had another meeting 20 minutes. I could've brought a long a healthy snack and maybe even scheduled in time for a quick lunch - but I didn't.  So instead I ended up grabbing a Diet Coke,  shoving whatever was easiestt/fastest in my mouth and following up with a piece of gum (I always have gum).

If you know anything about me you are aware I'm more of a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kind of girl than a "planner". However, I am in "change mode right now and I recognize this change is necessary to moving forward in my journey. So it was fortuitous that Hyam is hosting a really fabulous seminar at the studio this week (seriously, this was a coincidence) about meal planning!  This is awesome not just because of the great information - but because while I'm not great at creating a plan - I am good at following one! (Ya always gotta have a plan, right Sissa?).

Laura Glassow will be discussing "Local and Seasonal Meal Planning and Preparation" tomorrow, May 26 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm at the studio.  After eating the entire bag of snap peas we bought at the City Market this weekend in one sitting (they were SO good!) I can't wait to learn more about working local foods into my daily diet.  Plus with the Spicy Chicken scheduled to travel nearly every week this summer, someone else is probably going to have to start cooking around here...

If you're in C'ville and would like to attend this seminar give Hyam a call at 434-245-2288.  Cost of the class is only $25 - and you get to take yummy recipes home with you!  

2 comments:

  1. I just read the comment you left on my page, ironically I was just in the C'Ville area visiting my daughter who lives in Ruckersville! I LOVE it there, so beautiful.
    I love you blog, and was trying to see how I can follow it.. I am still learning about all of this..
    I hope that you are doing well. I look forward to visiting with you!
    have a wonderful week,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad she doesn't offer the seminar online... hint hint!

    ReplyDelete