Friday, May 7, 2010

Ouch!

I did my first workout/assessment with Hyam on Wednesday and I have to say it was...AWESOME!  Sure, she made me do things I was pretty convinced I couldn't do and I thought I was going to throw up at least three times, but 48 hours later I can still say it was AWESOME - so that has to mean something, right?

I can't recount our workout for so many reasons but I can tell you that the hour flew by and I was certainly never bored.  Lunges, squats, planks - oh my!  It was seriously the most intense - yet most FUN - workout I've done in a really, really long time (especially considering I never picked up a racquet!).

So where does the "ouch" come in?  Consider that I'm writing this over 48 hours later - and the lactic acid has done it's number on me by now.  At dinner tonight I actually had to use both hands to pull my leg over the bench to sit down.  And while I may have been mocked by my children a little bit, I didn't really care because that pain was SO worth it.  To me that pain was a sign that I actually pushed my body beyond what it was used to.  That alone is a step in the right direction (figuratively speaking, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment