Saturday, May 22, 2010

Inspiration






Below you will find an e-mail that I received from a friend yesterday.  I've posted it here, with her permission, for several reasons.  I thought it would be inspirational to other people - as so many of us battle with motivation from time to time - or even every day.  I also found it so encouraging to know that through my writing we are inspiring one another along this journey.  Some people think it's crazy that I'm being so open about all of this, but the rewards I've received have surpassed anything I imagined.  In just a few weeks I've been able to touch people from all over the country - and in turn I've got a support system that stretches from California to Virginia and everywhere in between.

I wanted to let you know how inspirational you've been...

I really didn't want to go to the gym today. In fact I was considering working through lunch. Pathetic, no?! However, I thought of you and went to the gym.

I had planned to run today. I got to the gym and didn't have a lot of juice in my IPod. Tried to convince myself to do something a little less intense. Thought of you and got my butt on the treadmill.

10 minutes into my 20 minute interval run I thought, 'I'm just going to stop, I can't run another step.' Instead I slowed the pace, just slightly and kept on running. I then got off the treadmill and did some rockin' abs.

All this because of your journey and all the feelings in me you've tapped into. I want you to know that you're not in this alone and many of us our on our own personal fitness quests because you have been so kind and so brave to share your struggles and triumphs. We are soul sisters through this and I want to let you know that I'm here for you - I'll provide as much long-distance support as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment