Sunday, May 9, 2010

You Are What You Eat

If I ever wondered how I got myself into this weight predicament tracking my food intake (and being honest about it) has surely given me the answer.  When did I eat all of this crap that I don't remember eating???

Admittedly this doesn't come as a complete surprise.  I'm about 40 pounds overweight and I'm not a sedentary person - it had to come from somewhere. I really don't enjoy cooking, and the term lazy could probably be easily used to describe my attitude about preparing food and snacking. This isn't to say that I don't like good food - I most certainly do - but I rely on the Spicy Chicken to take care of that side of things most days.  He's not only a great cook, but does a fabulous job of making things for us that are, for the most part, healthy.  And, he loves to do it.  The problem with this equation lies in the fact that he goes to work every day from 7AM to 6PM leaving me to fend for myself.  And please don't ask what happens on the days he's out of town (which have been more often than not lately).

In a few days Hyam is going to ask for my Spark People password so we can chat about what I'm doing and how it needs to change.  I hope she has a little extra time scheduled in for this one because I have a feeling she's going to have a lot to say to me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment