Monday, May 17, 2010

I Heart Sugar

I do not come by eating healthfully naturally.  It wasn't that I wasn't served healthy meals or given good foods as a chid. On the contrary, we always ate well and as a family whenever possible.  I was never forced to clean my plate or anything like that, though it was expected that I eat my vegetables.  Thank goodness Peaches the dog had a penchant for veggies -  because she ate more lima beans and cooked carrots than I ever did!  

My mom and my sister boast about craving vegetables and even the Spicy Chicken eats salad at almost every meal, but me, well, not so much.  I crave the typical sugar and carbohydrates.  I am also an emotional eater.  When things get stressful the first thing I do is pop some sweet and high calorie into my mouth.  Herein lies one of my major problems.

The past week I've forced myself to be very cognizant of not only my food choices, but when and why I'm eating.  The results were not surprising - a lot of easy to grab, simple sugar-laden carbs. Sometimes I corrected myself before the "bad stuff" made it to my mouth - other times, unfortunately, I didn't.  I know that there is no way I am going to lose significant weight without making some major changes when it comes to eating, but it is going to be hard.  Nobody said it was going to be easy (although I have to admit I was kind of hoping it would be!).

No comments:

Post a Comment