Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dear Self


I like to read other blogs for many different reasons.  First, as a writer I think it's important to see what others are writing about and how they are writing it.  While the bulk of my favorites are, of course, about weight loss/healthy eating/running/etc  I also love fashion blogs, cooking blogs, parenting blogs and anything to do with Charlottesville.  Secondly, I find a lot of inspiration in reading others stories.  Whether it be about an amazing run they had last week, hurdles they're currently encountering or conquering a few more pounds on the scale, it's therapeutic to realize that your struggles are not necessarily unique.

Yesterday I came across a post from one of the blogs I try to keep up with called Running Through Life.  The post was entitled "Dear Self: Just Go".  It was the exact the words I've been saying to myself for the past few weeks (though much more eloquently stated than what I say to myself) as I've struggled to get back into my training plan.  It reminded me that I'm not that different from so many people out there, working to keep their lives/journeys/health/goals on track. And though it is indeed, work, it's my work to do.  

My favorite lines from the post read:

"You are back in power. You are in control. Just do it.....
The gym in calling your name. Answer it."

I like to think sometimes that there are forces out there plotting against me (like the universe was yesterday) but what it comes down to is that it is up to me and only me.  I have the power to make changes.  I am in control of what happens.  I just have to do it!

Do you have favorite blogs or inspirational writing that you read to help keep you motivated?  I'd love to hear about them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment