Wednesday, September 29, 2010

With A Little Help From My Friends


I had to post a few pictures taken at the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA Critter Ball this weekend because it was such a great night at CHO (not to mention that I couldn't have even thought about fitting into a vintage dress  back in May!).  Wearing a dress that's shaped like a tent does make it a little easier to hide your flaws though - thank you 1960's fashion designers!

I'm actually not a huge Beatles fan but I've always loved the song "With a Little Help From My Friends". Probably because friends have always been a big part of my life - and right now is no exception. My friends (far & near - new & not-so-new) have been so amazing during "My Journey".  I'd never have been able to make all these changes without their help or through the down times without their support.  And let's face it, it doesn't exactly suck when people notice that you've lost weight (and my friends have been SO kind about mentioning it!).


Though I definitely wasn't on my best behavior this night (who knew losing a few pounds would make me such a lightweight?!?) I've managed to keep on track over the past few weeks.  At one point I hit a brief plateau in both numbers and motivation, but I quickly jumped back on the wagon and am moving forward toward that goal once again. Hyam got incredible new bikes at the studio which allow my shins a break from the running one day a week and, I have to admit, I totally love the change of pace cycling brings. Don't tell Hyam though - I wouldn't want her to think I'm enjoying myself!


Thanks to the fabulous SPCA Critterball Committee, the amazing people at CHO and, of course their fearless leader, my friend Barbara Hutchinson who, on top of being one of Charlottesville's most amazing women, is making incredible strides on her own journey right now.  Oh, and she's a darn good photographer, too! (Thanks, Barbara!) 


The sun was setting when we arrived - what a gorgeous view from CHO!

Can you believe this is an airplane hanger?  It was amazing! 

Outside the hanger was a beautiful cocktail hour 
and fabulous silent auction (that Ginger rocked!)

The Newsplex represented with my buddy Dan Schutte 
(who was a dance contestant last year) 
and the gorgeous Jessica Jaglois
(not to mention some stellar dancing by Travis Koshko later in the evening}

Ginger's dress and Preston's big win stole the show!

Sasha and I were looking and feeling groovy

And we were lucky enough to pick up these two while we were there!


1 comment:

  1. Jealous...wish I could have attended but you look BEAUTIFUL...you always do! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete