Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back from Vacation



And guess what...I didn’t gain a pound!  

Okay, so maybe that’s not such a big feat for most people, but most people don’t spend a week at The Ranch with the Parkers and the Newberry’s who, despite their svelte appearances, can consume more alcohol in a 24 hour period than anyone else I’ve ever met.  Most people don't have The Spicy Chicken grilling up Texas-sized steaks or have Dave's onion rings to contend with.  And most people don't vacation with Beer Fairies that magically fill up not just their cup – but entire refrigerators - as they sleep.  

Then again, most people don't ride mechanical bulls...or swim through streams, dams, waterfalls and rivers...or climb trees to jump into ponds...or kiss camels, play with Zedonks or hunt hogs on their vacation...


On the other hand, most people didn't allow themselves to become 40 pounds overweight over the past 10 years, either.  So what it comes down to is that it doesn't matter what most people do on their vacations because most people aren't me.  What matters is what I did on my vacation - and I'm happy to say I maintained!    

So I'm back home now.  The first workout after vacation was hellish, to put it mildly, but it also felt really good to be moving my body again.  Then again, it's only been 24 hours and it usually takes about 48 for the pain to really set in...

This is actually last year's bull ride - I didn't allow pics this year!
That's M jumping out of the tree into the pond!  

My good friend, Mr. Camel


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the MAINTAIN! That is a HUGE success!!!!!

    ReplyDelete